Sunday 11 November 2012

Haven't posted in a while, lots has happened. I broke my toe, possibly one of my fingers on my drawing hand, started to enjoy animating, Disney bought Lucasarts, haven't really slept since Thanksgiving.

All of our teachers this year are great and at least three of them I find awesome and Peoter is one of the greatest teachers and role models I've had. I love his approach to teaching, almost coaching, each class i leave uber motivated and ready to take on the world. He's getting us to practise our fundamentals of drawing, basic perspective etc. build up a library of props, furniture and vehicles to populate our environments, and exposing us to culture and film throughout the ages.


Abstraction and imagination
+realism as a tool perspective to ground and define space and solidity, to make sure statements win the audience's understanding through clarity
+exaggeration as a knob to crank and distort
+caricature is extracting the purest form of reality
+abstraction can distil what is real and bland to a frame of what is needed, emphasized, or a pure emotion

No comments:

Post a Comment